A Simple White Dress
The end of summer is fast approaching I have never felt the urgency in typing a post as I have with this one. Now before you start bringing out the cardies, and scarves wait just a minute as I think there might be a little more sun left for the next 2 weeks. There are a few things I appreciate in a summer wardrobe, here are the following I will miss:
– The Perfect denim cut – off shorts. Preferably a boyfriend style denim short.
– Sandals that you can walk everywhere in/go with everything. I love this Zara pair, very minimal and simple goes with everything.
– A basket bag. – I have a very basic one I was given as a present from Ghana, however, I have my eyes on a fabulous basket bag by a Ghana-based label called AAKS which is sold at Urban Outfitters.
– A white peasant cotton top
– Simple white dress the namesake of this blog post and what my eyes, style and yes even heart are drawn to each summer. Each summer I begin an annual search for the little white dress. In previous years this search has come up strangely fruitless, yet this year there appears to be an abundance of affordable, cute little white dress styles available. This particular wrap around version served me well in Rome. It’s from my bridal line however it isn’t a wedding dress. I wore it in the day sightseeing with my Zara sandals and in the evening to dinner with some heels. The beauty of a simple white dress is that it is an outfit in itself. White looks clean and crisp against the skin and because it is cotton mixed with Lycra it cools you down in the heat.
I’ve rounded up some of my favourite simple white dresses on the high street below, however, if you’re looking for something more like what I’m wearing in these photos then look no further and contact Rita Colson London
Thanks for stopping by as always subscribe and make a comment, tell your friends about my blog.